After many years operating in assisting foreigners in applying for a visa to Vietnam, we have found that many foreigners do not know that they are exempted from a visa for their travel to Vietnam, and they still submit their application for a visa approval letter. After receiving their applications and finding that they do not need to have a visa for their travel to Vietnam, we had to contact them, inform them and refunded them. And sometimes they have to pay for the fee charged by their bank when sending payment of service fee to our system.
So in order to avoid any unnecessary cost, we would like to list here the countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Vietnam within a certain period of time without a visa. Accordingly, no Vietnam visa is required for:
- Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Phillippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of Brunei, Myanmar for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
- Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum or several visits of 6 months at the maximum.
- Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
- For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam : Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 30 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 30 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
Please take a look at it before submitting your visa application to save your cost and save your time.
But in case, you – the citizen of one of such countries wish to stay in Vietnam for longer, we strongly advise you to apply for a visa on arrival so that you don’t need to leave Vietnam after you visa exemption expires and then come back.