We are a couple traveling together. Me on a Australian passport my wife on a UK Passport. We will be staying in Vietnam for 14 days then go to Cambodia for one week and then back to Vietnam for one week. Who needs a Visa and how much?

DearĀ  Frank,

Thank you so much for contacting us.

Please be informed that in your case, you, holder of Australian passport need Vietnam visa and as you will come back Vietnam from Cambodia, a multiple entry visa is good for you.

And for yoru wife, as the policy of the Vietnamese Government, UK citizen is exempted from Vietnam visa for 15 days so your wife does not need Vietnam visa for 15 days. But she is exempted from the Vietnam visa for only one arrival as according to the regulations of the Vietnamese government, citizens getting visa exemption under unilaterial agreement of the Vietnamese government, they will need a visa for Vietnam if they come back Vietnam within 30 days of exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption. And in this case, she will need to obtain a Vietnam visa for one of her two arrivals.

As you are traveling together and you will need to follow visa procedure in your first arrival in Vietnam, we recomemend you to apply for single entry visa for your wife to enter Vietnam for the first entry, and will use visa exemption for 15 days to come back Vietnam from Cambodia.

In case you travel to Vietnam by air, you can apply for Vietnam visa on arrival for both for convenience.

Here is the link for apply: https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html.

Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day and best regards.