It is so great to announce to all UK travelers in particular and citizens of Spain, Italy, France and German in general that the Vietnam exemption policy applicable to them which is about to expire on this June 30 will be extended for another 1 year, until June 30, 2018.
This decision has officially announced by the Vietnamese Government.
Vietnam visa exemption for UK Overview
Accordingly, UK citizens may visit Vietnam and stay there up to 15 days until June 30, 2018 without a visa if:
- Their passport is valid for at least 6 months since their arrival date in Vietnam; and
- Their arrival date does not fall within 30 days since exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption.
To get visa exemption, the UK passport holders only need to bring their passport to show to the immigration officer at border gate.
If this is not the case, UK travelers will need to obtain a visa beforehand. In this way, they may have up to 3 ways to get a visa for Vietnam:
Tips: What about Vietnam visa for UK if they wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days?
There will be 2 cases:
- If they wish to stay for no more than 30 days:
- They can obtain a Vietnam e-visa, which is just for tourists with single entry;
- They can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival, which is just for those traveling to Vietnam by air; OR
- They can obtain a Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy, which is maybe just convenient for those very close to Vietnam Embassy.
- If they wish to stay for more than 30 days:
- They can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival, which is just for those traveling to Vietnam by air;
- They must obtain Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy if they do not travel to Vietnam by air.
A brief comparison between these two ways can be found here: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/why-use-vietnam-visa-on-arrival-service/.
Should you need any further information about Vietnam visa or travel, please feel free to let us know.