It is really great news for those holding UK passports and wish to visit Vietnam in the coming time as according to Decision No. 56/NQ-CP of the Vietnamese Government dated June 30, 2016, they are entitled for 15-day visa exemption for another 1 years starting from July 1, 2016.
Conditions to get 15-day visa exemption are as follows:
- Their passport is valid for at least 6 months from their arrival date;
- Their stay in Vietnam is no more than 15 days; &
- Their arrival date is not within 30 days from date of exit of their last visit to Vietnam with visa exemption.
Otherwise, a valid Vietnam visa is required. And in this case, it can be obtained in 2 ways:
- Get visa via the local Vietnam embassy/consulate; OR
- Get a Vietnam visa on arrival.
For more information about these two ways of visa application, please visit http://vietnam-visa.co.uk/.