If you are in London now and wish to arrange a trip to Vietnam, perhaps the very first thing you need to check is information about Vietnam visa. Do I need to arrange the visa to Vietnam? If yes, how can I arrange the Vietnam visa in London? These are common questions you may have in this issue. And you will easily find the answers here in this post.
If you are UK passport holders or those whose nationalities are included in the Vietnam Visa exemption list, you are not required to obtain visa for certain stays in Vietnam.
Otherwise, you are required to get Vietnam visa for your every trip to the country.
Luckily, getting Vietnam visa in London is very easy as it can be done in two ways as follows:
- Obtain visa via Vietnam Embassy; OR
- Obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival.
Following is a brief comparison between these two ways:
|Description||Visa on arrival||Embassy visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy in United Kingdom|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||4 – 5 working days|
|Processing fee||From US$21 (excluding stamp fee)||US$67 – US$95|
|Additional fees||None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
And this is the detailed guide to get visa in each way.
For Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
It is very lucky that there is an office of Vietnam embassy in London, UK, making it convenient for travelers to apply for visa from the embassy here.
Here is its contact information:
- Address: 12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD
- Tel: 0207 937 1912
- Fax: 0207 565 3853 or 0207 937 6108
- Email: [email protected]
This embassy accepts visa applications submitted to them in person or by post. And following is the recommended procedure to get visa from Vietnam embassy in London if you live close to the embassy.
- Download the application form on website of the embassy you are planned to apply for visa with, fill it out and attached it with a photo;
- Prepare documents for application, including: application form, original passport, photos and visa fee and others as required by the embassy;
- Travel to the Embassy to submit application documents and pay for visa fee;
- Get the Appointment Letter and then leave there for home;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up original passport and visa.
The visa processing time is normally 4 – 5 working days.
For Visa on Arrival
The process to get Visa on arrival is completely different. It requires no travel or no sending off original passport and other documents via post either. It just requires a device with internet access. Accordingly, it is said very convenient for those living far from the embassy, even they are in London.
Here is the process to get Vietnam visa on arrival for London citizens:
- Access to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form here (no document is required);
- Review to make sure all information is correct, and then make payment of service fee online;
- Wait for maximum 2 working days or even 2 working hours in urgent cases (for tourist visa) to get visa approval letter delivered to email together with detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport (a few minutes at the airport).
This is a full comparison between the current 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa from London. We are sure that by reading here, you now already know which way is best for you.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know via [email protected] or (+84) 946 583 583.