Vietnam visa is essential if you want to travel to Vietnam. To answer the frequently asked concerns about Vietnam Visa for Irish passport holders, we will provide you needed information of Vietnam visa in this article.
Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?
The answer is YES. At the moment, all Irish passport holders must have Vietnam visa whenever visiting Vietnam.
However, if your flight comes to Vietnamese airport just for transferring, you do not need a Vietnam visa
What kind of visa do I need?
Vietnam visa types are classified for numbers of entries:
- Single entry Visa: enter Vietnam one time during the visa validity. After you leave Vietnam, your visa will be invalid. If you want to re-enter, apply for the new one or multiple-entry visa.
- Multiple-entry Visa: enter and exit Vietnam many times during the visa validity.
There is no Vietnam Embassy in Ireland. How can I get my visa?
Applying for Vietnam Visa on arrival
Irish passport holders coming to Vietnam for vacation or business only by air can get Vietnam visa on arrival anywhere if you have a device with Internet connection. Access our website (vietnam-visa.com) and follow these 3 easy steps:
- Fill in the secure Vietnam visa application form
- Make a payment of the service fee online.
- In only 5 minutes, you will receive the confirmation of your application in your email
After all the steps above are done, you will receive a Visa Approval Letter via email. It takes 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) for a tourist visa; 7 working days (normal service) or 3 working days (urgent service) for a business visa.
Visa Approval Letter is not a Visa, but it is really important to obtain Vietnam Visa when you arrive at Vietnam airport. Once receiving this letter, print out it and the Vietnamese visa application form. Also, prepare 2 passport-sized photos and exchange some US dollar for visa fee.
When arriving at Vietnam airport, come to the check-in counter and present the form, the letter, and the photos to get Vietnam visa stamped.
Further detailed guide to get Vietnam Visa for Irish passport holders can be found on: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/guide/ireland/
Applying for Vietnam e-visa
E-visa is applicable for one single entry with vacation purpose. Here are what you need to do:
- Apply at the website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt.
- Fill in the form and documents and attach your passport data page image and a photo (straight looking without glasses).
- Make a payment for visa fee online.
After finishing those 2 steps, you will receive a digital code for checking the result after the processing time.
Within 3 working days for Vietnam Immigration Department to check your application form, If your form is accepted, they will issue your e-visa and send it to your email.
After receiving the visa, print it out and present it when arriving at Vietnam airport to enter and exit Vietnam.
E-visa is quite new, so check with your airline before booking a flight as some certain airlines or even immigration staff at the airports may not have been aware and may refuse it.