Vietnam visa is essential if you want to travel to Vietnam. To answer the frequently asked concerns about Vietnam Visa for Irish passport holders, we will provide you needed information of Vietnam visa in this article.
Do I need a visa to travel to Vietnam?
The answer is YES. At the moment, all Irish passport holders must have Vietnam visa whenever visiting Vietnam.
However, if your flight comes to Vietnamese airport just for transferring, you do not need a Vietnam visa
What kind of visa do I need?
Vietnam visa types are classified for numbers of entries:
- Single entry Visa: enter Vietnam one time during the visa validity. After you leave Vietnam, your visa will be invalid. If you want to re-enter, apply for the new one or multiple-entry visa.
- Multiple-entry Visa: enter and exit Vietnam many times during the visa validity.
There is no Vietnam Embassy in Ireland. How can I get my visa?
Applying for Vietnam Visa on arrival
Irish passport holders coming to Vietnam for vacation or business only by air can get Vietnam visa on arrival anywhere if you have a device with Internet connection. Access our website (vietnam-visa.com) and follow these 3 easy steps:
- Fill in the secure Vietnam visa application form
- Make a payment of the service fee online.
- In only 5 minutes, you will receive the confirmation of your application in your email
After all the steps above are done, you will receive a Visa Approval Letter via email. It takes 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) for a tourist visa; 7 working days (normal service) or 3 working days (urgent service) for a business visa.
Visa Approval Letter is not a Visa, but it is really important to obtain Vietnam Visa when you arrive at Vietnam airport. Once receiving this letter, print out it and the Vietnamese visa application form. Also, prepare 2 passport-sized photos and exchange some US dollar for visa fee.
When arriving at Vietnam airport, come to the check-in counter and present the form, the letter, and the photos to get Vietnam visa stamped.
Further detailed guide to get Vietnam Visa for Irish passport holders can be found on: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/guide/ireland/
Applying for Vietnam e-visa
E-visa is applicable for one single entry with vacation purpose. Here are what you need to do:
- Apply at the website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt.
- Fill in the form and documents and attach your passport data page image and a photo (straight looking without glasses).
- Make a payment for visa fee online.
After finishing those 2 steps, you will receive a digital code for checking the result after the processing time.
Within 3 working days for Vietnam Immigration Department to check your application form, If your form is accepted, they will issue your e-visa and send it to your email.
After receiving the visa, print it out and present it when arriving at Vietnam airport to enter and exit Vietnam.
E-visa is quite new, so check with your airline before booking a flight as some certain airlines or even immigration staff at the airports may not have been aware and may refuse it.
What is the total cost of each type of Vietnam visa?
Vietnam visa on arrival
Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival, you have to pay for:
- Service fee: it is paid for the travel agent vietnam-visa.com to process your visa application with the Vietnam Immigration Department and deliver the visa approval letter issued by the Department to your email. The fee will change depending on your visa type and the processing time you chose (normal or urgent).
- Stamping fee: it is paid for the Immigration Officer at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped. The fee is based on the type of visa:
- US$25 for a single entry visa;
- US$50 for a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 3 months;
- US$95 for a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 6 months; and
Vietnam e-visa: US$25 for a visa
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Filling in the application form and make sure your information must be correct
- Your passport must be valid at least for 6 months since the expiration date and have at least 1 blank page.
- The visa validity date will start the time you enter Vietnam
- You are required to leave Vietnam before visa expires
- Children who have their own passports, the visa fee is the same as for adults.
- Children included in their parents’ passports do not need a separate visa, and will not be charged visa fees.
- No matter which way you choose to apply for Vietnam visa, you will have to pay non-refundable visa fees even if your visa is disapproved.
This is information that you have to know when applying for Vietnam visa. For further support about Vietnam Visa & Vietnam tours, feel free to contact us through Hotline +84. 946.583.583 or email [email protected]