Safety is the most important thing when you travel abroad. To ensure your trip in Vietnam, in this article, we will provide you some vital things that you should be aware of when you are in this country.
For Vietnam visa requirement and how to get Vietnam visa for UK, refer to https://www.vietnam-visa.com/guide/united-kingdom/.
1. Some Important Rules for Vietnam Travel Safety for UK travelers:
- Watch your belongings
- When using credit card to make a payment, make sure it is in your view
- Beware of taxi drivers. Recommended taxis: mai linh or vinasun
- Avoid streets which are dark or have no light at night
- Avoid situations such as accidents, and fights on your way
- Do not leave valuables and money in the hotel room
- Do not talk to people about political issues
- Do not join in any anti-government or demonstrations
- Do not bring along any pornographic materials
- Do not use drugs – the use and sale of drugs in Vietnam is illegal
- Do not buy bus and train tickets outside the station – scam artists can be selling false tickets
2. What To Watch Out During Travel In Vietnam
- Prices in restaurants for foreigners are not the same as locals
- Copy shops, travel agencies, and hotels that take the name of real ones
- Check the contents in the fridge in your hotel room in case there are any missing items so that you don’t have to pay for them
- Carefully check a motorbike if you plan to rent or buy it
3. Fake Cops in Vietnam:
If you are stopped by a cop, you should:
- Try to stop on main street where there are a lot of people.
- Put the keys of your vehicle in the safe place