At the moment, all UK passport holders do not need to care about Vietnam visa if their stay in the country is less than 15 days and their entry date does not fall within 30 days from exit date of their last stay in the country with visa exemption.
Those who need a visa to Vietnam prefer visa on arrival for their convenience. But requirements going along with this kind of visa may remain unclear to some. This post will deal with this issue, named 3 requirements to pick up visa on arrival for Vietnam for UK travelers.
1. Travel to Vietnam by air
All UK passport holders who intend to apply for visa in this case should notice that it supports those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
Once you plan to enter Vietnam by bus or cruise or train, then getting a visa via the embassy of Vietnam is the single option.
2. Obtain a visa approval letter in advance
Unlike visa on arrival to some countries in Asia which requires no preparation beforehand at all, those wishing to get a visa on arrival to Vietnam need to obtain online a visa approval letter before departure for the country. Otherwise, they cannot get on flight to Vietnam.
3. Have passport valid for at least 6 months
The airlines often require you to have your passport valid for at least 6 months from your entry date. We can process the visa approval letter for you with shorter passport validity, but the airlines may refuse your entry. So, to avoid any risk, you should ensure this requirements.
These are 3 basic requirements to pick up a visa on arrival at Vietnam airport.
Following is brief guide to how a visa on arrival works for UK passport holders to Vietnam:
- Submit an online application for Visa approval letter;
- Then check your information and make payment of service fee;
- Then get the visa approval letter sent to email within 2 working days (for tourist visas) or 7 working days (for business visa);
- And finally get visa stamped upon arrival airport by showing required documents and paying for stamping fee there.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know.